Although the Australian Christmas can be less ‘Let it snow’ and more Merry & very, very Bright- it’s always fun to indulge in traditionally festive treats, with a little twist of course. This Christmas Ice Cream Plum Pudding combines a summer staple and a holiday classic perfectly. Recipe via Women’s Weekly.
CHRISTMAS ICE CREAM PUDDING
300G Christmas pudding
300g pitted fresh or frozen cherries, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup (60ml) kirsch or brandy
600g good quality vanilla ice-cream, slightly softened
250g dark or milk chocolate, chopped
Icing sugar, maraschino or fresh cherries, to serve
1. Line a 1 litre (4-cup) pudding basin with a double layer of plastic wrap or a single layer of freezer film, extending plastic about 5cm over edge of basin.
2. Break pudding into small pieces in a large bowl. Add cherries and kirsch; toss lightly to combine.
3. Fold ice-cream through pudding mixture in a large bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared pudding basin, pressing down firmly. Smooth top and cover with plastic wrap then foil. Freeze overnight.
4. Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and stir over a medium saucepan of simmering water until just melted. Cool slightly.
5. Turn pudding out onto a chilled serving plate. Pour melted chocolate over pudding. Dust with icing sugar, top with cherries and enjoy on a balmy December day!